Does this look familiar? That's because it's the "lucky tiger" from Kichitora. We visited their second branch in Glorietta 5 last month for another ramen fix. This time, we were set to order new ramen choices we haven't tried before- Paitan Chicken Zenbu No Se and Tan Tan Mien.
It's nice that they offer small ramen sets for a complete meal of appetizer, ramen and dessert.
Chicken Karaage Paitan Zenbu No Se Set (P450)
Tan Tan Mien Gyoza Set (P440)
Another Kichitora favorite, it is made with pure sesame broth, topped with minced pork, sesame seeds, green vegetables, spring onions, spicy oil (la-yu), and fried garlic oil (ma-yu). The broth was a blend of rich, creamy and nutty with a tolerable kick of spice from the spicy oil.
The Karaage and Gyoza are must-try appetizers in Kichitora. The karaage has an exceptionally crunchy skin with juicy and tender meat. The gyoza on the other hand has a perfectly crisp bottom, koshi wrapper and juicy meat filling.
Lastly, each set comes with their signature Almond Jelly to cap off the meal. It was sweet, creamy and milky with a distinct taste of almond and strawberry compote.
Coconut Pudding w/ Matcha and Azuki (P150)
We also ordered Kichitora's other dessert, but unfortunately, it wasn't my cup of tea. Well, that's just because I am not a fan of coconut.
The serving of their small ramen was just right for me, but D found it too small and not enough. So, he decided to get an additional order of Kichitora's Oyako-Don (P320).
Deemed as the guilt-free katsudon, tender chicken fillet is cooked with egg in a very sweet sauce, then topped with seaweeds and scallions. D liked this very much because it was sweet. Even though I was already full from my ramen set, I can't help but sneak a few spoonfuls from his bowl.
Kichitora of Tokyo
2/F Glorietta 5, Glorietta Complex, Ayala Center, Makati
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/KichitoraPH
Other ramen places in the Metro:
- Ramen Nagi Manila- Butao, Black, Green and Red King at SM Aura
- Hanamaruken Ramen- Osaka's Bowl of Happiness in Trinoma
- Hokkaido Ramen Santouka in Glorietta 4- Bonding Over Ramen ❤
- Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen in SM Aura Premier
- Kichitora of Tokyo- A New Authentic Japanese Ramen Place in SM Megamall
- Kokoro Ramenya- Newest Ramen House in Roxas Boulevard, Ermita
- Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss- The World of Koshi in SM North Edsa
- Ramen Bar- Authentically Delicious!
- Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss- Fresh Noodles Everyday